Encouraged by tweets and blog posts by Tracey Clark and Ali Edwards, I joined Reverb10.

Why? What really got me was the tagline that reads: “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Manifest what's next. SOLD. Count me in.

For the month of December, this will be my home away from home, a little borrowed space on the www to participate in what promises to be an enlightening journey. Join me?


04 December 2010

day four | wonder

prompt: wonder
How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
(Author: Jeff Davis)

With four children between the ages of 10 and 14 there is no cultivation of wonder. Every day is a wonder! 

I wonder at Claire and her mercurial moods, so typical of her age. Her strength of character, sense of self and boundless spirit. Her intense sense of loyalty and kindness. She is strong and thoughtful when faced with challenges.

I wonder at Cole and his determination and focus. His lack of embarrassment when hugging his mama in public. His intelligence and sensitivity, his intense need to prove his abilities to himself. His journey to excellence.

I wonder at Chloe and her positive persistence (aka stubborn nature). Her ability to chat and sing, and then chat and sing some more. Her wide eyed looks of innocence when she has just ignored everything I've just said.

I wonder at Caden and his bright and happy outlook. His ability to rattle off some obscure statistic, usually hockey, and be 100% right. His giggle of delight at even the most mundane and routine of things.

I wonder every day at how fortunate I am to be surrounded by such lovely, opposing, challenging and loving perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment